INFINITY KEEP YOUR PREMISES COMPLIANT AND THE PEOPLE WITHIN SAFE WITH OUR FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT AND CONSULTANCY SERVICE
We offer type 1, 2, 3 and 4 fire risk assessments, specialising in assessments to social housing, offices, schools, sheltered housing, supported living, residential care and HMO’s (houses in multiple occupation).
Click below to read more.
TYPE 1 FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT
A Type 1 Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) is non-destructive and the most common assessment type undertaken to fulfil Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005 requirements.
A Type 1 FRA assesses all the common parts of a building, such as a lobby area in a shared block of flats – but not individual dwellings. In some cases, a Type 1 FRA will inspect construction points between individual dwellings (such as shared supportive walls), but this is not necessary in most cases.
• A Type 1 FRA purpose is to ensure that common parts of a building have suitable protection and arrangements to allow people to safely escape if there were a fire.
• The results of a Type 1 FRA may reveal the requirement for further FRAs. If this is the case, the Type 1 FRA will list why this would be required.
TYPE 2 FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT
A Type 2 Fire Risk Assessment is usually only recommended if a Type 1 FRA concludes that serious structural flaws in a building may increase the risk of fire spreading.
• A Type 2 FRA includes destructive sampling, which involves opening up structural elements of the building’s fabric. This increases the cost of this type of assessment because a contractor would be required.
TYPE 3 FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT
A Type 3 Fire Risk Assessment is comprehensive and covers more than the law requires. This assessment covers all common areas of a building and includes a visual inspection of private, individual dwellings.
• A Type 3 FRA considers all means of escapes (including those within individual dwellings), structures, and compartmentation between flats and any means of fire detection. A Type 3 FRA is non-destructive – and is usually only considered necessary if there are fire risks within individual dwellings.
• Landlords and building owners can find it difficult to arrange Type 3 FRAs because they require entrance into individual dwellings. Often this type of assessment is easier if living spaces are empty.
TYPE 4 FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT
Type 4 Fire Risk Assessments are similar to Type 2 FRA, as they include destructive sampling in both the common parts of a building and private, individual dwellings. Type 4 FRAs are more comprehensive and complicated to complete. This is because access to individual dwellings is required, and destructive sampling can lead to a need for repairs and making good afterwards.
• Type 4 FRAs are only required in a limited number of circumstances, usually only being suggested if there is reason to believe there are serious defects in both common parts of a building or individual private dwellings.
In addition to fire risk assessments, Infinity are able to offer the following services:
Fire Door Inspections
Our fire door inspector is a certified BRE/DHF Fire Door Inspector and is able to assist you with your legal obligations as set out under The Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022 – regulation 10.
Premises Information Boxes
We design and complete key information packs including floor plans to aid fire and rescue services.
Emergency Evacuation Plans
We assist in the review, design, and testing of emergency evacuation procedures.